Why Destin Florida Photographers Prefers Digital Wedding Photography
We prefer digital Destin Florida wedding photography because it is easier on our work flow and more convenient for our clients to be able to view their wedding proofs on-line. Digital wedding photography also provides an accurate color balance, and more usable images are captured. One of the best parts of digital image capture is the ability to quickly change white balance as the lighting changes. This is great when moving from inside to outdoors frequently.
Viewing the photograph in the camera’s LCD lets you know the result immediately using digital Destin Florida wedding photography. It allows us to see if we captured the image or we need to take another shot. If there is time during the wedding we will download some images to the laptop we always take with us for our wedding parties to see. Another thing we really likes about digital wedding photography is that you can shoot a lot of pictures and not worry about how much it costs to view your finished product.
What’s In Our Camera Bags
Our wedding camera is a Canon EOS-1Ds Mark IV Digital SLR, and we keep a Canon EOS 5D MK IV Digital SLR camera as back-up. Our Canon L Series Lenses include the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, and Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM Lens . For lighting, we uses a Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT on-camera flash for fill and candid interiors. The Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT can be tilted upward for ceiling bounce mode or using a white reflective card for direct fill.
Our most commonly used ISO setting is 100, there’s plenty of light on the beach with a full frame Digital SLR and 80mm objective diameter L Series lenses. Our standard complement of memory cards are SanDisk Extreme CompactFlash. We carry two 32GB SanDisk Extreme CompactFlash cards. We run around a lot and have two sets of batteries in our Canon Pro Grips on the 5D. Canon Pro Grips are a must have for long duration wedding photography coverage.
The Areas We Cover For Wedding Photography
Destin photographers cover the entire Emerald Coast and state of Florida for Beach Wedding Photography and Wedding Photography. Destin photographers are Destination Wedding Photographers.
Your Destin wedding photography is much more than just another one of the many services associated with your wedding. It is the most important part of your wedding memories. The photographic story of your wedding day is really all that you will have long after the flowers have faded, long after you have celebrated your first anniversary and the cake topper is history, you will have beautiful, wonderful memories of your wedding day. By choosing to incorporate one of our elegant wedding albums, your memories will remain vivid and archived for future generations.
Wedding Photography Information
I am very flexible with time frames and open to creating customized packages specifically to match your schedule on your wedding day. I arrive on site well ahead of scheduled times just to make sure that ample time is available for the placement and set up of equipment. I utilize an assistant at weddings. Once set up and the shooting of the formal portraits begins my assistant maintains the flow by having the subjects ready for the various groupings. Our packages are structured to allow ample time for posed formal shots before your actual wedding service, coverage during the service, finalize remaining posed portraits, and complete reception coverage, highlighting all of the special moments and capturing even the small details of flowers, food and decorations.
Web Hosting and On-line Print Ordering of Your Wedding Pictures
Our Studio will host the proof images of your Destin FL wedding on-line. Imagine…your own Destin Florida wedding picture web site! Easy to access by your family and friends this is an excellent way to share your wedding memories with distant relatives and friends. In addition your family and friends can order their own prints through our web-hosting feature. This relieves you of the responsibility as well as providing the convenience so that your family and friends can order directly from home or work. Proofs will be available on-line for 60 days after your wedding date.
Destin Florida Bridal Portrait Sessions
This is a portrait session at the actual beach wedding location or Chapel. There are so many time constraints placed on the bride and Groom on the actual wedding day that even when time is allotted for formal portraits prior to your wedding, there will almost always be a rush or interruptions as family and friends arrive for the wedding ceremony, or perhaps the facility imposes time limitations. When shooting the posed formal shots after the wedding there is always the stress of knowing that 200 guests are waiting for the Bride and Groom to arrive at the reception. A bridal portrait session does not totally replace the posed formal shots taken at a wedding. There will still be groupings with the bridal and groom’s parties and family groupings that will be taken at the wedding. The real benefit of a separate session such as this is that there is so much more time that can be spent on these very important portraits, you will look your best with out the distractions. Total attention is focused on you the Bride and the Groom only in a relaxed atmosphere with out a rush. These are the ultimate prints that will adorn your walls and mantle and will be the showcase of your wedding prints. You will not have the stress and excitement of your wedding day during these portraits, we will be completely able to apply creative options and techniques, maybe you even want to try out different hair styles, time is a relaxing luxury during these bridal sessions. This also serves as a trial run for make up, hair, dress, and shoes.
Travel and Destination Weddings
I am available for travel to your wedding. I have photographed several out of state events. Expenses for travel out side of the Greater Emerald Coast, FL area are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The first step in booking Destin FL Wedding Photographers
Saturdays are the prime days for Weddings; the first step is to make sure that we are not yet booked for your date. Call 850.398.7796 or email us on our contact form to check available dates. Wedding dates are not held or confirmed until a signed contract and booking fee is received.
Destin Florida Engagement Portraits Available
An Engagement Portrait Session includes prints from your Engagement Session as well as a digital image file for newspaper submission. Destin Engagement Session proofs are provided via Internet Proofing. Engagement sessions have proven to be a great way to provide you with great pictures for newspaper submissions and allow a wonderful opportunity for interaction with the wedding couple.
To confirm the Destin Florida wedding date a signed contract along with a booking fee of half the contract value is required. Dates are not held on a tentative basis. The booking fee amount applies to the balance of your overall wedding coverage package. Full payment of any balance is due the day of the wedding date.
Destin FL Wedding Photographers Photo List
When you meet us and have our first consultation it is a great idea to supply your Destin FL Wedding Photographers with a list of moments that are important to you. Pick and choose from these photo ops, keeping in mind that each shot should take several minutes and our time at sunset is limited.
- Bride having her hair styled and makeup applied
- Bride’s gown hanging on a padded hanger, spread on the bed, or draped over a chair
- Still life shots of the bride’s shoes, jewelry, something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue
- Detailed shots of the bride’s and bridesmaids’ bouquets
- Candid shots of the bridesmaids getting dressed
- Mother buttoning or zipping up the bride’s dress
- Mother helping the bride with one last detail, such as the veil
- Full-length shot of the bride in her gown, looking at herself in a mirror
- Bridesmaids reacting to the bride in her gown
- Father seeing the bride in her gown
- Bride with her parents and siblings
- Bride with her bridesmaids
- Groom getting ready with his father and groomsmen
- Close-up shot of the wedding bands
- Groom with his parents and siblings
- Groom with the best man
- Groom with his groomsmen
- Groomsmen putting on boutonnieres or ties
- Bride and groom separately making their way to the ceremony
- Exterior and interior shots of the site before guests arrive
- Groom walking down the aisle with his mother
- Close-up of groom’s expression while waiting for the bride
- Bridal party walking down the aisle
- Both sets of grandparents walking down the aisle
- Bride and her escort waiting to walk down the aisle
- Close-up of bride just before she makes her entrance
- Bride and her escort walking down the aisle
- Groom reacting to bride walking down the aisle
- Bride’s escort giving her away
- Bride and groom at the altar or the chuppah
- Both sets of parents watching the ceremony
- Wide shot of the altar or chuppah, from the guests’ point of view
- Wide shot of the guests, from the couple’s point of view
- Special moments, such as the candle lighting and the readings
- Close-up of the bride and groom as they recite their vows
- Close-up of the bride and groom’s hands as they exchange rings
- The kiss!
- Close-up of the newlyweds immediately after the ceremony
- Bride and groom hugging family and friends
- Bride showing off her wedding ring to her bridesmaids
- Bride and groom leaving the ceremony site
Before the Reception (or Ceremony)
- Bride and groom together
- Bride with her mother
- Bride with her father
- Bride with both parents
- Bride with her entire immediate family
- Groom with his mother
- Groom with his father
- Groom with both parents
- Groom with his entire immediate family
- Bride and groom with bride’s family
- Bride and groom with groom’s family
- Bride and groom with both sets of parents
- Bride and groom with immediate family members from both sides
- Bride and groom with bridesmaids
- Bride and groom with groomsmen
- Bride and groom with flower girl and ring bearer
- Bride and groom with entire wedding party
- Exterior and interior shots of the site before the guests arrive
- Still-life shots of place cards, menus, centerpieces, decorations, table settings, favors, and Champagne glasses
- The cake
- Hors d’oeuvres and specialty drinks
- Guests arriving and signing the guest book
- Bride and groom arriving
- Close-ups of friends and family making toasts
- Bride and groom sipping Champagne at their table
- Bride and groom speaking with guests
- Bride and groom’s first dance
- Bride dancing with her father
- Groom dancing with his mother
- Parents and grandparents dancing
- Wedding party dancing
- Musicians, deejay, and/or entertainers performing
- Guests dancing
- Bride and groom dancing with the bridal party
- Bride and groom cutting the cake
- Bouquet toss
- Newlyweds’ vehicle
- Bride and groom leaving the reception
Destin FL, 32540-32541